Thursday, March 12, 2009

Celestron Skymaster Bincoulars Review 15 x 70

Hello stargazers,

later on this week I'll get to some of the more serious equipment, I promise. But for now, I'm sticking with astronomy equipment for casual strong owners and people knew to the hobby. Admittedly, this is a very short review, but it's a very important one! I introduce the Celestron SkyMaster Binoculars.

I like to think of this pair of binoculars as a mini telescope. The Celestron SkyMaster binoculars deliver crystal-clear views at an extremely low price. These binoculars generally retail for over $100 a pair but Amazon.com has them on sale for about 70 bucks plus shipping. One of the other good things about Amazon is that they can ship this product to Alaska and Hawaii! That is not true with some of the other telescopes you might see on this site.

There are some drawbacks to using this pair of binoculars, one of them being the outer edges of the lenses tend to be a little bit blurry. These binoculars are also very heavy, and if you plan on using these binoculars to stare at the sky for an extended period of time say seven minutes or more, you should probably get a tripod. They're cheap; I've seen them go for the lowest 10 bucks at Wal-Mart. Oh! Did I mention the Celestron SkyMaster Binoculars include a tripod adapter?
I want to rain on your parade, but there is one last thing I feel I have to mention. There is a very low occurrence of defective binoculars. But, Celestron is very good about getting replacement binoculars out in case this happens.


See ya next time,
Corey

No comments: